Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Blessing is in the Struggle

Lupe Fiasco said it best.

I feel that I am currently experiencing my own inner struggle. Not to say that struggle doesn't face us everyday of our lives, but I think at the moment I am being pulled between two different directions. These two directions are a bit self-labeled; the Truth and the Deception.

The Truth represents; Islam and living, loving and doing for the sake of Allah (swt). The Deception refers to this dunya (world) that the Shaytan al-rajeem (the rejected) uses as a way to deflect us from the path of True knowledge and wisdom.

I think everyone experiences this tug and pull between the two. I pray that we all will have the endurance, strength and blessings of Allah(swt) to overcome Shaytan's attempts to lead us off the righteous path.

Ameen.

-Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment