Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ramadan: Day # 1

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu and Ramadan Kareem!

I hope that everyone's first day of Ramadan was easy inshaAllah, although I have heard that it is usually the first day that it is the most difficult.

For me I believe it will be today (day # 2) that will break me in for the rest of the month InshaAllah. Yesterday, the hunger didn't really set in, but I believe that is because my mind was preoccupied with something else. In the evening I broke fast with a friend and her mother and they were very kind to me.

I actually have a video that may serve as a reminder to us on how to eat during suhoor as well as iftar. I can admit that I ate a big dinner and a large enough amount of food during suhoor, yet by filling ourselves up to the point that we want to burst seems to be against what the Prophet (peace be upon him) did. I hope you enjoy this video, keep in mind that this person from what I gather isn't a sheikh so its always best to find a better source.

InshaAllah that you will receive this well and may Allah bestow us Muslims with the ability to observe our fast sincerely, Ameen.

- Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment