Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ramadan Day # 4

Assalaamu alaikum,

Alhumdulilah, yesterday was more of a test on resisting the desire to break fast. Yesterday at work we had to the university residence cafeteria with incoming first-year students. It felt awkward sitting with so many people eating! Not to mention some co-workers talking about how delicious the desserts were. I kept thinking to myself, "I hope the students don't think I am anorexic!" Despite the growling of my stomach, I reminded myself why I am not eating. Alhumdulilah, I was also given the opportunity to do dawah, when a co-worker asked me why I was fasting and she seemed to appreciate the reason. My manager had asked me if I was keeping a blog and I told her I would send it to her.

Later on in the day, I had met up with a non-Muslim friend who had asked me how fasting was going. I told her that it was going well and she had asked some questions which I attempted to answer, may Allah be pleased with my explanations. Unfortunately though, she seemed to not to understand somethings I had told her, especially concerning how I'd like to find a husband or even how I'd like to dress. I realize that some things are hard for non-Muslims to understand, but insha'Allah I will give beneficial explanations to help them understand.

The highlight of day #4 however, was going to the masjid for iftar! I went with the friend who had me over for iftar on the first day. It felt so amazing breaking fast with so many other people and then praying Maghrib with them. Insha'Allah I will be able to go again this month.

I really hope that everyone is having an amazing Ramadan :) May Allah keep us strong and mindful of our intentions, Ameen.

-Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment