Friday, August 20, 2010

Ramadan Day # 8 & 9

Assalaamu alaikum,

Aoudu billahi minash shaytan al-rajeem. Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

You know I can't believe I just let two days go by without blogging. My apologies! I just realized that today would be day # 10. I think sisters can understand the reasoning for this. Now I must remember what happened or what thought-provoking epiphany has brought me to the current mental and spiritual state I am in.

Despite whatever has caused this slight, but seemingly important personal growth all that needs to be said is All Praise and Thanks is due to Allah.

Through discussions about life's abstract, yet essential and fundamental questions, the reading of an eye-opening book "What is the What," by Dave Eggers, a little leap of faith in sharing something new with someone new and most importantly the amount of dhikr and reflection of what it means to follow Islam my mind is in an elevated state. Sorry for the run-on sentence guys!

InshaAllah (God willing) I will remain in this state and will only get closer.

May Allah increase all of our Iman and be in a constant remembrance of Him so that we can reap the emotional and spiritual benefits of His grace,
Ameen.

- Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment