Monday, August 16, 2010

Ramadan day #5 and 6

Assalamu alaikum,

Here in Ottawa last night there was a magnificent thunderstorm that woke me up moments before the time for fajr prayer. I lied in my bed in shear awe and fear of the power of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). When the azan began I woke up to do dhikr and subhanAllah shortly after the azan ended the thunder and lightning ceased.

It is amazing the many signs that surround us everyday, each waking moment. Often times we go about our day forgetting and be neglectful of how clear it is of His existence.

In the evening, the moon was yellow and hung low in the sky almost as if it could simply sit on top one of the buildings that were visible through my apartment window. Two natural miracles made an impact on me today, but there are an infinite amount that are always there.

"He has made night and day subservient to you, and the Sun and Moon and stars, all subject to His command. There are certainly signs in that for people who use their intellect."
(Qur'an, 16:12)

May we always be aware of the countless signs from our Creator." Ameen

- Aisha


No comments:

Post a Comment